Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sad and fun times...

Well, this week was a tough one and this weekend has been a weird one. Chris' grandmother passed away yesterday and so there is a lot of sadness. All the family lives in Jasper which is where she will be buried. After much discussion, it was decided that because Chris is driving up today and coming back tomorrow, that the 5+hour car ride each day would be a little much for the boys. So me and the boys stayed behind and Chris went home for the funeral. So I have a sadness in my heart....not for his Granny. She has gone home to be with the Lord, but with his mom and family. It is only human nature to miss our loved ones when they move on.

The boys and I had plans to go over and spend the night with my brother, Charlie, and his girls. My sister in law, Patti, and my niece baby sat the boys for me as Charlie and I went over to Pensacola to run the 31st Annual Mcguire's St. Patrick's Day Run (a prediction run). It was CRAAAAAAZYYYYY. Over 10,000 runners!!!! I had a hoot though!!! I predicted I would finish in 33:18. I finished in 32:17...so not to shabby!!! It was a good, flat and easy, beautiful run. It felt like the wind was blowing 40mph, but other than that it was perfect race weather!!!! Here are a few pics...

My brother and I

Old man in the bagpipe band...

It is AMAZING how motivated you can get when you have Marines running up on your heels chanting. I took this video as they passed me. I tried keeping up, but couldn't. I was dissapointed they weren't in some sort of uniform. THAT would have been COOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment