Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday 2:40 am

I DID IT!!!! I was soo worried about that run because I have been so sore....but it was a relatively easy run. For one thing, I didn't have to deal with the heat and humidity. Secondly, and most important, was I had someone to talk to. I know, crazy!!! I have figured out the secret to running....doing it with someone. Carey and Delacio sat on the back of the lead vehicle and talked to me the whole run. David (the lead vehicle driver) did a great job of keeping them close enough to me so that we could talk. I didn't have time to think about how sore I was or how much farther I had to run. I just talked...and ran. Sure, I probably could have run a little faster if I didn't talk so much. But I would rather have a fun slow run than a fast miserable run. I ran 3.6 in 38:50. I've gotten a little slower each run, but you have to remember that this was my 4th run in 2 days and I'm going on very little sleep. But feeling good. Right now I am on that runners high. Been hydrating really well and keeping food in my stomach. I have figured out that I have to eat well to run well and feel good afterwards (no headache crash afterwards).

One more thing....At about 1/2 mile to go, Nicole shouted out to me..."just one more time around the track". It was just the boost that I needed to finish my run up (I had been looking at the hill that I was gonna have to run up my last stretch) and the reason is because I thought about all my Sole2Soul sisters that I run around the track with in Daphne. They should be getting out there in a couple of hours to do the Couch 2 5k group run. So I was thinking about you girls as I ran that last 1/2 mile. Was picturing us out on the high school track running that last lap together........

2 comments:

  1. good job. i love runners highs :-) have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough Sugar, show em what you're made of.

    ReplyDelete