Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here we go.

Ok, so I am blogging. I guess if you visited this page then you are at least a slightly bit interested in what I am up to. Well, see, I have dabbled in this whole running thing ever since I started running to loose weight after my second child. I haven't been as consistent as I needed to. Life just gets in the way sometimes. But....let's not make this too long and drawn out. The short story is two years ago I signed up to be a driver for the "Run for the Reason" event. I envied the running ability of the other runners sooooo bad!! I promised myself that the next year I would RUN the event. Well, 2009 rolled around and unfortunately I hadn't been doing any running. So again, I drove. Well, BY GOLLY, this year I committed. I figured if I committed my name to be a runner....then I would have to follow up with the training. Starting the first of the year I made myself get out and run. Do any of you have ANY idea how much I HATE cold weather. Running in 30degree weather is pretty miserable for me. But I knew I HAD to do it. And I have been mostly consistent. Chris is great at pushing me out the door because there are times when my head just can't tell my feet what to do.

And the cause is so near and dear to my heart. I have a hard time understanding why all those smart scientist people haven't come up with some sort of vaccine for cancer. Some sort of shot or something that keeps it from developing. I mean, we can get a man on the moon, ya know. But there are a LOT of things I don't understand. What I do understand is that I can do my part. I can help fund the research needed to find out more about this disease and what can be done to stop it!!!!

So, I'm gonna run in this event and I'd like for you to come along on the journey with me. I am writing this blog for two reason..... One, to hold me accountable. Two, so that all of you can be a part of this journey with me........

Run for the Reason

No comments:

Post a Comment